Making use of vacant property
Vacant property incurs costs and a loss of income, is an easy target for vandalism, abuse as well as littering and decays more rapidly than property in use. Vacant space in new or renovated real estate may deter potential tenants and customers and thus complicate marketing.
We offer solutions to prevent and bridge vacancies, tailored to your needs.
We plan, organize and administer interim use projects for commercial or residential real estate of any kind and size, retail space as well as industrial sites. We focus on buildings prior to demolition, renovation, restoration or reuse before new lease contracts, as well as on space for which no tenants can be found – temporarily or permanently. We solve your vacancy problem during transition periods of a few months to several years, in all areas of Switzerland.
Reference project: Feldeggstrasse 4, Zürich
Projekt Interim has been entrusted with the temporary use of the former Alusuisse building, an architectural landmark from the 1950ies right on the waterfront of lake Zurich. By engaging Projekt Interim, the previous tenant was able to pass on the rent until the end of its lease while the owner is able to avoid vacancy.Learn more
We bridge your vacancy in a flexible manner until exactly when you need your real estate again. We offer you the best and cheapest protection of your real estate against vandalism, abuse, littering and decay.
- Complete outsourcing of the temporary use project to us – minimal effort for you
- Flexibility as to duration and (timely) end of the temporary use project (upon your request, we will extend the temporary use project at any time).
Handing over your real estate is a matter of trust. We justify your trust by understanding your interests and needs, by being flexible, responsive, pragmatic in finding solutions, by selecting users diligently and by managing our projects carefully and tightly.
At the same time, we profit from our network of potential temporary users many of which we know from previous projects.
Reference project: Klybeck, Basel
At Klybeckstrasse 190 in Basel Projekt Interim was entrusted with the temporary use of a 7’500 m2 office building. The property offers over 120 workspaces for the creative class and entrepreneurs during 12 months.Learn more
For every vacancy, we will develop a temporary use concept tailored to your needs and requirements. We will structure, organize, administer and supervise the temporary use project and will make sure that it is completed on time. Our services include:
- Drafting of the contractual documentation (lend to use contract or lease agreement depending on the nature of the temporary use project and your specific requirements)
- Marketing your property
- Diligent selection of the users, many of which we know from previous projects
- Acting as interface between you and the temporary users (we will your sole point of contact)
- Covering all aspects of the temporary use project (organization, administration, controlling, policing, paying agent)
- Facility management (if requested)
- Clearance and timely return of your property at the end of the temporary use project, enforcement of the respective agreements with the temporary users.
Legal structuring and effect on valuation
We often structure temporary use projects as lend to use (Gebrauchsleihe) to provide you with maximum flexibility and to guarantee you the timely end of the interim use project. See
- Raffael Büchi / Eva Gehrig, Erstreckung ausgeschlossen: Die Gebrauchsleihe als ideale Vertragsform für Zwischennutzungen von Immobilien, Jusletter Februar 2014
Temporary use projects may have a positive effect on the valuation of your real estate. See
- Wüest + Partner, Zwischennutzungen und deren Einfluss auf die Immobilienwerte, Kurzbericht September 2014
For general information about temporary use of real estate see Leitfaden Zwischennutzung der Schweizer Eidgenossenschaft.
Reference project: Waldhuus, Zürich
Projekt Interim was entrusted with the temporary use of the former Hotel Dolder Waldhaus. The former hotel rooms, apartments and offices are now used by temporary users for residential and commercial purposes during two and a half years. The owner of the Waldhuus covers all costs with our temporary use project.Learn more
Meet some of our clients
Since founding Projekt Interim in 2013, we have successfully implemented diverse temporary use projects for a wide variety of clients:
Call us! We’d be glad to help.